[gdal-dev] Build GDAL 3.5 for iOS error: forward declaration of 'stat64'

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Jul 5 05:34:10 PDT 2022

Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> writes:

> Can you try the following patch which basically forces to remap all
> "foo64" functions to "foo". I assume that iOS Unix I/O is 64-bit
> enabled by default...

I would expect it is.  The BSD world changed the ttype of size_t, off_t
to 64 bits a really long time ago and in the particular case of NetBSD
versioned the syscalls for binary compat (probably others did too).  I
have viewed "large file support" as a linux and solaris thing only.

This is probably a bigger rototill than anyone has appetite for, but I
wonder if there should basically be a configure test to look for foo64
(by the equivalent of AC_TRY_COMPILE) and if so use it,a nd if not just
use the normal system calls.