[gdal-dev] Build GDAL 3.5 for iOS error: forward declaration of 'stat64'

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jul 5 05:50:59 PDT 2022

> have viewed "large file support" as a linux and solaris thing only.
>
> This is probably a bigger rototill than anyone has appetite for, but I
> wonder if there should basically be a configure test to look for foo64
> (by the equivalent of AC_TRY_COMPILE) and if so use it,a nd if not just
> use the normal system calls.

That's what we do already what we do for a few functions (like fopen64
vs fopen): cf
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/1e3cc18e298e81c1f42162b10ef7beb0dd94d3cf/cmake/helpers/configure.cmake#L230

But for some reason, in that circumstance, it seems it detects symbols
that are not available afterwards at build time. It might be related to
the warning at bottom of
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/module/CheckFunctionExists.html
about prefering check_symbol_exists() rather than
check_function_exists(). I suspect that the xxx64 symbols are available
in a system library but require special #define to be usable.