[gdal-dev] Ogr2ogr issue with big integers

Moises Calzado mcalzado at carto.com
Mon Jul 18 06:54:20 PDT 2022

 test.csv
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/11moLc5Shd78iTCKzsHxCKL33xSFHaVva/view?usp=drive_web>
Hello everyone!

I'm dealing with some issues with ogr2ogr trying to convert my data to a
CSV file guessing the data types. I'm using the following command:

ogr2ogr -f CSV -skipfailures -makevalid /vsistdout/ CSV:test.csv -oo
AUTODETECT_TYPE=YES -lco CREATE_CSVT=YES > test.csv

When I add the AUTODETECT_TYPE=YES flag, ogr2ogr is applying some weird
transformations on the "uprn" column. If you check the generated output and
the original file, you'll notice that some integers have changed into a
negative number. Do you know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's a
bug?

Thanks so much for your help,
Regards!

--