[gdal-dev] LUT not available in metadata for the PNEO support

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jul 20 11:07:08 PDT 2022

Florian,

> Currently, I'm integrated the PNEO support in the Orfeo Tool Box.
>
> Is there a plan to support LUT metadata for PNEO sensor?

The plan in open source software is most often drawn by people in need
for a feature :-) That would be a good contribution if you want to
tackle that.

GDAL has the concepts of ColorTable attached to a RasterBand, or
RasterAttributeTable (RAT), but from what I can see in the PNEO LUT XML
files, not all input values are defined for compactness, just the points
that define the curve, so they don't seem to be good fit here. Probably
that exposing the content of the <LUT> XML element as a LUT metadata
item on the relevant RasterBand could be a good solution.

Even