[gdal-dev] autoconf and nmake build systems ready to be removed

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jul 21 16:03:57 PDT 2022

> I use cmake on master, but have not converted the package yet.
You've still time as this will reach a release for 3.6.0 in November.
This email is mostly for people having CI or other similar nightly build
processes that track GDAL master.

> I guess you are implying that we are at the point where everything that
> worked with autoconf is doable with cmake, including whatever cross
> builds worked?
I'm not aware of platforms where GDAL used to build that can't build
with CMake. Everything in our infrastructure that depended on autoconf &
nmake has now been switched to cmake (that includes Android cross builds
for example). So things are ready from my point of view.