[gdal-dev] Implications of "Multi-column primary key in [table] to supported" warning

DUTRIEUX Loic Loic.DUTRIEUX at ec.europa.eu
Thu Mar 3 03:55:50 PST 2022

Hi everyone,

Quick question, I'm using ogr2ogr to clone a postGIS database to a spatialite file database (by the way, very convenient that ogr2ogr handles the transfer of non-spatial tables too). The database contains many-to-many relations and as a consequence association tables with multiple primary keys. When I run ogr2ogr I get a warning saying that Multi-column primary key are not supported.
Should I be worried of that warning for my use case or is it safe to assume that db relations won't get mixed up.

Thanks and kind regards,
Loïc