[gdal-dev] Linux - bash script - Sentinel 1 processing - dark images

Andreas Oxenstierna andreas.oxenstierna at t-kartor.com
Mon May 9 23:09:51 PDT 2022

I assume the main issue is that Sentinel-1 is radar data in different polarisations - which is not easy to visualise as an ”image" for human eyes

Hälsningar

Andreas Oxenstierna
T-Kartor Geospatial AB
Olof Mohlins väg 12 Kristianstad
mobile: +46 733 206831
mailto: andreas.oxenstierna at t-kartor.com<mailto:andreas.oxenstierna at t-kartor.com>
www.t-kartor.com<http://www.t-kartor.com>
On 9 May 2022, 22:18 +0200, Matt.Wilkie at yukon.ca <Matt.Wilkie at yukon.ca>, wrote:
Does anybody have some hints for me how to improve the exposure/contrast of the images?

This doesn't help directly with constructing any command lines you might use, but I found the "Gentle Introduction to GDAL" series by Robert Simmon very helpful in determining what to do.

Here's Part 5, Saturation and Sharpness:
https://medium.com/@robsimmon/making-sense-of-satellite-data-part-5-saturation-sharpness-e21fac6272c7

In my memory I have a similarly written article on gdal colour balancing that did have some command line examples but I can't relocate it at the moment. It annoys me that I can't reference it so I'll keep looking. ;-)

cheers,

-Matt