[gdal-dev] Installing drivers on macOS Monterey v12.4

adamgutonski adamgutonski at protonmail.com
Sun May 22 05:19:11 PDT 2022

Hello,

I am having trouble installing gdal with the FileGDB driver in a conda environment. I believe the issue is the version of macOS.

System specs:

- macOS Monterey v12.4
- Apple M1 Pro chip
- 16gb RAM

Attempts so far:

- Tried using osgeo4mac, the formulae appear to be broken on M1 Mac, not sure if there’s a macport for this specific repo.
- Tried using Kyngchaos complete GDAL build, does not cooperate with conda environments
- Tried manually, Conda install -c condo-forge gdal, then copy over the lib files into /anaconda/envs/testing/lib, and copied the include files into /anaconda/envs/testing/include
- Additionally, tried copying the files into the gdalplugins folder located in the lib folder
- Tried installing lib/include files to /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include

Are there any tips for creating a successful conda build in this mac environment?

Kind regards,
Adam Gutonski

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) secure email.