[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.6.0 release candidate available

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Nov 3 10:51:28 PDT 2022

Hi,

I have prepared a GDAL/OGR 3.6.0 release candidate.

NEWS at:

   https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/v3.6.0RC1/NEWS.md

Note the first item about the new CMake build system build the only one
now available.

Testing is much appreciated as usual, particularly for not super popular
raster drivers,
since the removal of _GetProjectionRef() compatibility layer may have cause
regressions in CRS reading/writing, not caught up by tests (when they
exist at all).

Pick up an archive among the following ones (by ascending size):

   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.6.0/gdal-3.6.0rc1.tar.xz
   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.6.0/gdal-3.6.0rc1.tar.gz
   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.6.0/gdal360rc1.zip

A snapshot of the gdalautotest suite is also available :

https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.6.0/gdalautotest-3.6.0rc1.tar.gz
   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.6.0/gdalautotest-3.6.0rc1.zip

A snapshot of the documentation is at:

   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.6.0/gdal360doc.zip

I'll call for a vote promoting it to next week if no serious problems
are reported before.

The "release/3.6" branch has been created for all bug fixes related to
3.6.x. master is now targetting 3.7.0dev.

Best regards,

Even