[gdal-dev] Why does an old Python code using /vsicurl?[options] syntax yield HTTP 404 now?

Daniel Evans daniel.fred.evans at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 01:02:09 PDT 2022

Hi Jukka,

Can you, or the original poster, give some more information on what Python
and GDAL versions you're using that cause trouble? I've not immediately hit
404 errors on trying - with CPL_DEBUG=ON, I can see GDAL successfully
opening tiles (HTTP 206).

With something like 13,000 tiles in a single VRT, and a flakey academic
data server (according to a reply on the linked post), I'm not yet
convinced that the problem is definitively GDAL-specific.

Regards,
Daniel