[gdal-dev] Tips on Speeding up OGR2OGR GeoPackage Creation

Dennis Burgess dmburgess at linktechs.net
Thu Oct 20 05:06:53 PDT 2022

We have a large table in MSSQL, this table we extract data from and drop it into a GeoPackage for further processing.  However, the extraction can take some time, its only using 5% of the CPU available, and pulling the data is fairly quick in debug mode, its really its generation and index creation that is slow.  Any tips on speeding this up?  We have SSDs and NVME drives, 10gig networking etc..  So.  It should be as quick as it can be, but the 5% CPU is what I think the killer is.  On this server 24 cores, so 5% would be right at one core..  Is there no multi-threading or other options here?

[LTI-Full_175px]
Dennis Burgess, Mikrotik Certified Trainer
MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE, MTCINE, MTCSE, HE IPv6 Sage, Cambium ePMP Certified
Author of "Learn RouterOS- Second Edition"
Link Technologies, Inc -- Mikrotik & WISP Support Services
Office: 314-735-0270  Website: http://www.linktechs.net<http://www.linktechs.net/>
Need to Automate MikroTik Backups:  https://cloud.linktechs.net
Create Wireless Coverage's with www.towercoverage.com