[gdal-dev] Documentation of .gfs file format

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Oct 25 11:07:37 PDT 2022

Johannes,

You have a number of .gfs templates file in
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/tree/master/data

Otherwise just read the code of GMLFeatureClass::InitializeFromXML() if
you want to have the full view of what the GFS reader understand:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/gml/gmlfeatureclass.cpp#L456
which is the ultimate authoritative source. That said a .xsd file for
.gfs could be useful, if that's something you'd be willing to contribute.

Even