[gdal-dev] (no subject)

Moises Calzado mcalzado at carto.com
Mon Sep 19 04:07:55 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

We're performing some tests with ogrinfo trying to read GPKG files, and
we're facing some issues executing the command with remote GPKG files in
WAL mode. As can be checked in the following command output, ogr fails
while reading the file content:

ERROR: Error: Command failed: ogrinfo /vsicurl/MY_FILE_URL has GPKG
> application_id, but non conformant file extension ERROR 1: unable to open
> database file: this file is a WAL-enabled database. It cannot be opened
> because it is presumably read-only or in a read-only directory. ERROR 1:
> Only read-only mode is supported for /vsicurl

What is strange here is that the same file works correctly if we execute
the command using the downloaded file.

Is there any way we can execute the command using a remote file?

Thanks so much in advance,
Kind regards!
--
*Moises Calzado*