[gdal-dev] Static link all optional libraries into gdal.dll

Derek Newhall dnewhall at carlsonsw.com
Wed Apr 5 21:40:04 PDT 2023

Hi,

We want to produce a version of gdal.dll with all the libraries we link
against statically linked. We had it working with Nmake in 3.5.1 but can't
seem to get it working with CMake in 3.6.2.

We only link against the following libraries: XercesC, ECW, PDFium,
OpenSSL, CURL, Expat, Sqlite3.

All the libraries pointed to in the associated *_LIBRARY CMake variables
are the .lib files and we tried option(BUILD_SHARED_LIBS OFF) but that
didn't work.

Is there some setting to specify static linking? I notice some packages
have *_IS_STATIC or *_USE_STATIC

Thanks,

Derek Newhall

Disclaimer