[gdal-dev] Problem with file source projection doing a vertical datum reprojection

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Apr 12 02:59:49 PDT 2023

Le 12/04/2023 à 11:45, Michael Smith a écrit :
> I guess I thought GTIFF_REPORT_COMPD_CS would only change the display
> of the output, not change the interpretation of the SRS?
It is documented in https://gdal.org/drivers/raster/gtiff.html as:

"""GTIFF_REPORT_COMPD_CS : Can be set to TRUE to avoid stripping the
vertical CRS of compound CRS when reading the SRS of a file. Does not
affect the writing side. Default value : FALSE for GeoTIFF 1.0 files, or
TRUE (starting with GDAL 3.1) for GeoTIFF 1.1 files."""

This seems to be a reasonably concise description of its effect (if
you've suggestion to make it clearer, that's of course welcome). So this
is not restricted to tuning display of the CRS in gdalinfo or other
utilities, but really to what kind of CRS object the GeoTIFF returns to
calling code.