[gdal-dev] GDAL client certificates: CURLOPT_SSLCERT/curl_easy_setopt missing?

Stephan Imfeld imfeld at parcs.ch
Wed Apr 26 23:36:25 PDT 2023

Hi

We are trying to serve some COG-Tiffs using a https server. Some of them require authentication. Accessing the data without or with basic authentication through gdal/qgis using /vsicurl/... works fine, but we have not found a way to use client certificates.

Using curl (7.81.0) directly (with
CURLOPT_SSLCERT/CURLOPT_SSLKEY/CURLOPT_KEYPASSWD/CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE)
works fine with client certificates enabled, even when using the options in a .curlrc file.

But it seems to be that libcurl does not honor .curlrc, and consequently we have not been able to get gdal working with the client certificate.

Maybe I overlooked something during the past few days, but I have not been able to get it working through gdal. Is there a way passing CURLOPT_SSLCERT/CURLOPT_SSLKEY/CURLOPT_KEYPASSWD/CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE (or using curl_easey_setup in a more general way) from gdal to libcurl? Any other ways to do it?

Regards,
Stephan