[gdal-dev] Writing concurrent indexes to a FileGDB

Tim Martin Tim.Martin at os.uk
Mon Feb 6 03:03:37 PST 2023

Hi GDAL Devs

I posted this question on GIS Stack Exchange and someone recommended I contact this group (https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/451331/adding-multiple-attribute-indexes-to-filegdb-using-ogrinfo/451336#451336)

I have the unfortunate task of creating some very large FileGDB and need to add multiple indexes to several attributes on each Feature Type.

I saw that the OpenFileGDB driver under Dev is now able to Write, so am using that version, which by my testing is 3 or 4 times faster than the original FielGDB driver - which is amazing!!!

Now I need to index these columns and it has taken 26hrs to add 5 attribute indexes due to the sheer number of features (200mill or so).

So am wondering if there is a way to use ogrinfo and write indexes concurrently?

With thanks Tim

This email and any attachments are intended only for the intended recipient and may contain sensitive information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately delete this email and inform the sender.

OS email communications may be monitored to ensure the secure and effective operation of our systems and for other lawful purposes. Subject to contract: No rights are to be derived from any proposal contained in this email until a written agreement containing all necessary terms is executed between the relevant parties.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey Limited (Company Registration number 09121572)
Registered Office: Explorer House
Adanac Drive
Southampton SO16 0AS
Tel: 03456 050505