[gdal-dev] GML driver - gfs geometry type values and supported GML geometry types

Johannes Echterhoff echterhoff at interactive-instruments.de
Thu Jan 5 05:00:39 PST 2023

Hi,

The GML driver shows behavior that I do not understand: When I load a feature with a gml:Polygon, which, in the gfs file, is defined with GeomPropertyDefn/Type = Surface, then the geometry does not appear to be understood. At least when I try to load the data in QGIS 3.28.0, then the layer has an unknown geometry type. If, on the other hand, I set GeomPropertyDefn/Type to "Polygon", "MultiPolygon", or even "MultiSurface", the geometry is recognized. Same problem if the feature has a gml:LineString as geometry, and I declare it as GeomPropertyDefn/Type = Curve.

What am I missing here? :-)

Is there some documentation available that sheds light on which gfs geometry type values support which GML geometry types?

Best regards,
Johannes