[gdal-dev] GML driver - gfs geometry type values and supported GML geometry types

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jan 5 06:12:50 PST 2023

Johannes,

this is more an issue on QGIS side, in its OGR provider where there's
likely a lack of mapping between the OGR geometry types and QGIS
geometry types for Curve and Surface (just guessing, didn't check). The
root cause is that Curve and Surface in OGC/ISO specs are abstract types
only, not directly instantiable. So it is really hard to have datasets
where they are reported as layer geometry types, unless you try hard to
do so, as you did. I'd suggest you use CurvePolygon (resp.
CompoundCurve) instead of Surface (resp. Curve) in your .gfs file.
That's what the OGR XSD reader does when encountering a
gml:SurfacePropertyType or gml:CurvePropertyType. Those are instanciable
types and QGIS should behave properly

Even