[gdal-dev] Call for review and comments on RFC90: Direct access to compressed raster data

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jan 5 06:41:45 PST 2023

Hi,

I've submitted RFC90: Direct access to compressed raster data for review
and comments:

         https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/7020

The document proposes 2 new methods to directly obtain the content of a
window of interest of a raster dataset in its native compressed format.
Those methods can be optionally implemented and used by drivers to perform:
- extraction of a compressed tile as a standalone file from a container
format (GeoTIFF, GeoPackage, etc.)
- creation of mosaics from a set of tiles in individual files
- lossless conversion between container formats using the same
compression method
"""

Even