[gdal-dev] Using gdal_calc without python

Carsten Lockenkötter carsten.lockenkoetter at web.de
Fri Jan 6 11:34:32 PST 2023

Hi,

I'm currently building a workflow to crop possible white or black borders
from my Geotiff files and create raster tiles with an alpha band.

I'm using some Python functions provided by you, such as gdal_calc.py.

My workflow works so far, but my problem is that I have to run everything on
my customer's server.

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to install software there, so I
can't install Python and gdal_calc.py can't be run.

So far, I've always downloaded the compiled binaries from gisinternals.com
and copied them to the server (the zip archive) to use gdalwarp, for
example.

But with that, I can't run gdal_calc, right? Python is still needed for
that, or am I mistaken?

Is there a way to use gdal_calc/gdal_retile without having to install
software components?

If there are approaches to control the functions through a wrapper, that
would also help me.

I have knowledge in C# and could use MaxRev.Gdal.Core, for example. However,
I haven't found an approach yet to use gdal_calc.

I probably have to rewrite the Python script in C#?

Regards,

Carsten