[gdal-dev] using vsicurl to read metadata of a resource over https with credentials

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 06:14:28 PST 2023

On Fri, Jan 6, 2023 at 12:52 AM Andrew C Aitchison
<andrew at aitchison.me.uk> wrote:

> Hmm. Can you use gdalinfo /vsicurl *on this site* without autjentication ?
>
> "Range downloading not supported" suggests that the server can only
> give you the whole file, not just the bits with the metadata.
> I don't think this is about authentication at all.
>
> --
> Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
>                     andrew at aitchison.me.uk

Hi Andrew
the site without authentication was a test on my dev environment.
Thanks for the idea - interesting: I didn't know it is possible to
configure that in a web server. It could be as you say, however I am
getting the same error when sending the request without credentials.
I'd rather expect for HTTP 401 in that case.
thanks again

Paolo

--
Paolo Corti