[gdal-dev] Java API: how to find dimensions of MDArray

Barry DeZonia bdezonia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 08:45:58 PDT 2023

Thanks Even.

I might be able to find some time to do the SWIG work depending upon the
amount of development time needed. I am a long time developer with
experience in Java, C, and C++ (but have not used SWIG before). Is it just
a few signatures I need to write or do I need to write full support for a
GDALDimension class? Can you comment on this?

Am I right in understanding that, as of the current Java implementation,
one really can't use MDArrays for much? Like if I can't find the number of
(... z planes, t steps, channels, etc.) of data I will not be able to
reconstruct the data?