[gdal-dev] Integration of GDAL 3.5 into a custom Docker Image

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon May 8 09:14:55 PDT 2023

Dirk,

> /[91mrsync: [sender] change_dir "lat-lon/gdal:debian-full/proj/x86_64"
> (in gdal-docker-cache) failed: No such file or directory (2)//
> //[0m[91mrsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see
> previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1819) [Receiver=3.2.3]//
> //[0m[91mrsync: [Receiver] read error: Connection reset by peer (104)//
> //[0mThe command '/bin/sh -c . /buildscripts/bh-set-envvars.sh     &&
> DESTDIR=/build_tmp_proj /buildscripts/bh-proj.sh      &&
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/build_tmp_proj/usr/local/lib
> /build_tmp_proj/usr/local/bin/projsync --target-dir /tmp/proj_grids
> --all      && rm -rf /build_tmp_proj' returned a non-zero code: 23/

 From the above it is not clear if the issue is with rsync or projsync.

rsync is just an optimization do have host caching of build artifacts
when doing repeated builds. You could safely strip that off from the
script, or just pass -t RSYNC_REMOTE="" in the docker build invokation.

> - How long will GDAL 3.5 be supported? I did not find any maintenance
> schedule on the website.
We only support the branch of the last released feature version. So when
3.7.0 will be officially approved (in a couple days), only 3.7.x will be
supported, and until 3.8.0 will be released in ~6 months.
> - Is the Docker build of release/3.5 branch still maintained or could
> it happen that e.g. a remote resource disappears meaning that the
> build does not work anymore?

The Docker build scripts tend to break regularly due to remote resources
changing, typically with the Apache Arrow libraries. But you may also
remove that if you don't need a build with everything.

Even