[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr no longer works with non super user in PG after update

Alexandre Gacon alexandre.gacon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 08:33:48 PDT 2024

Hello there,

After updating our stack from GDAL 3.4.1 to GDAL 3.9.0, we have ogr2ogr
calls which no longer succeed with the following message:

ERROR:  permission denied to create event trigger
"ogr_system_tables_event_trigger_for_metadata".  HINT:  Must be superuser
to create an event trigger.

If I dig in the codebase, it is related to a change named "
PG: serialize GDAL multidomain metadata of layer as XML in a
ogr_system_tables.metadata table"

We don't have multidomain in our data: is it mandatory no to use a
superuser when importing data into a PG DB with ogr2ogr or is there a way
to dismiss this message?

Regards

--
Alexandre Gacon