[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr no longer works with non super user in PG after update

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jun 11 08:43:00 PDT 2024

Hi,

The issue has been reported in https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/9994
and should be be fixed in 3.9.1 per
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/10004 (testing of the 3.9 branch at
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/tree/release/3.9 would be appreciated to
confirm that it fixes error for various permission scenarios)

You can typically get the error with 3.9.0 when importing a shapefile
since there is a layer metadata item set on the shapefile layer when
reading it, that gets automatically imported by ogr2ogr. You can
workaround the issue by specifying the "-nomd" ogr2ogr option

Even