[gdal-dev] Proposed RFC 8 amendment regarding (prohibited use of) generative AI tools

Paul Harwood runette at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 03:02:10 PDT 2024

While I am at it - the stuff about "changes that are not subject to
copyright law" is meaningless - copyright applies to content and not to
changes and I doubt there is any content on GDAL that is NOT subject to
copyright law.

I would humbly suggest that the question is more about whether
"corrections" such as spelling and grammar (and possible syntax and style
in code) are "generative".

I would suggest that the following might be better

"the use of AI to make corrections such as fixing spelling, grammar, syntax
and style mistakes may be acceptable"

I have left the "may" in there but I would be happier with it "is
acceptable" - "may" is a worrying word.