Fw: RE: How to get involved with the Drafting Team activity for metadata in INSPIRE?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Fri Dec 15 05:41:23 EST 2006

dear all,

In a fit of enthusiasm I wrote to a friend of a friend at the JRC
offering the involvement of the OSGeo community in consulting on the
the implementing rules for metadata / discovery in the INSPIRE
Directive - a series of "Drafting Teams" are doing the work over the
next few weeks and months.

The response here seems very positive, specifically asks for proposals
for open source implementations, JRC already talking to gvSIG.
When we find out more this will come here and also to Markus' FOSS
INSPIRE interest committee or SDIC as it is known.

It would be just great if those here and in the GeoNetwork community
could help prepare a response and dream up really useful things to do
with gvSIG / uDIG catalog clients... I bumped into this old post of
Jeroen's a couple of times today about metadata semi-automation:
http://lists.eogeo.org/pipermail/opensdi/2005-September/000261.html

----- Forwarded message from Alessandro Annoni <alessandro.annoni at jrc.it> -----