Fw: [OSM-talk] Data Licencing

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Thu May 4 14:06:15 EDT 2006

dear all,

Some licensing discussion developments from OSM, that might be of
interest here. Firstly, a (generic) data-specific license which uses
EU style database copyright "to preserve freedom of access to data".
http://www.talis.com/tdn/tcl (details below)

Second, there was a decision to move legal/licensing discussion onto a
dedicated list: [[ It's called legal-talk at openstreetmap.org and you
can subscribe to it in the same way as the other lists. Info here: ]]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/legal-talk

I've subbed, and hope it can be a good data silo and reference point for
licensing WG efforts here, if it takes off...

jo
----- Forwarded message from Ian Davis <iand at internetalchemy.org> -----