[OSGeodata] VMAP0 license update

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Nov 2 16:41:42 EST 2006

1. Have we considered getting a copy in the VPF format and converting it
to shapefiles using ORG2OGR?

2. Does someone have a copy of ArcView or ArcMap that can to the
conversion for us? I thought one of these had VPF loader.

3. These links claim to have VFP to shapefile convertors
http://www.mapability.com/index1.html?http&&&www.mapability.com/info/vmap0_soft.html
http://openmap.bbn.com/doc/api/com/bbn/openmap/layer/vpf/VMAP2Shape.html
http://ioc.unesco.org/oceanteacher/oceanteacher2/08_Exercises/03_DtaMgtEx/Roadmaps/C_AOI/4_Vmap0/Vmap0.htm

-Steve W