[OSGeodata] VMAP0 license update

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu Nov 2 17:17:24 EST 2006

Hi Stephen,

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> 1. Have we considered getting a copy in the VPF format and converting it
> to shapefiles using ORG2OGR?
>
> 2. Does someone have a copy of ArcView or ArcMap that can to the
> conversion for us? I thought one of these had VPF loader.

I'm new to this list and I don't want to disturb anyone. Still I'd like
to point out that 'ogr2ogr' together with the ODGI VPF reader is a
great tool to convert VMAP0 into something else. I've done that and
you'll find an example result of such process here:

  http://flightgear.telascience.org/

Martin.