WFS-basic and geometadata exchange

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sun Oct 22 15:48:06 EDT 2006

dear all,

I have not been thinking very hard about simple geometadata exchange
interfaces recently  but every time i hear someone mention Raj's
WFS-basic effort I jump a bit. You look at the query interface
to it and it is very simplified - no Filters, just a bounding box and
date start and end range. There is a DescribeFeatureType function
which right now is returning a pile of XMLSchema description verbiage.
I see a big place for dclite4g / GeoRSS in here - i would like to see
Tom's OWSCat done over WFSBasic. One could even add in OAI-PMH
functions like ListRecordTypes [sic?] as well, if needed. Am i making sense?

http://www.ogcnetwork.net/wfsbasic

cheers,

jo