[Geodata] "Public Geodata" SVN for "Custom Scenery" ?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sun Aug 19 12:34:19 EDT 2007

dear Martin, all,
On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 10:27:20AM +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
>   http://www.custom-scenery.org/
>   http://mapserver.flightgear.org/
>
> Currently the Custom Scenery project is looking for a public place (an
> SVN repository for example) to host its source code.

Right, as discussed on IRC, this seems like a great opportunity to
join up with others sharing goals, a project already close to home.
And it seems Hobu is already happy in principle to set up an instance
of subversion for this.

The only issue seems to be one of namespace, would Ralf et al be happy
for their code to be stored underneath a generic 'geodata' repository.
If you are happy to liase between customscenery and hobu as is
necessary, that would be great.

> As I see the main
> development goal of "Custom Scenery" to be in line with the aims of
> OSGeo's "Public Geodata", I would like to ask for supporting the idea
> of assigning a status similar to a Public Geodata "Working Group" to
> Custom Scenery and to host this projects source code inside the Public

A status probably isn't necessary, and working groups seem to be
something made up on the wiki that don't really exist. ;)

cheers,

jo