[Geodata] Re: [georss] Spatio-temporal query extension

Stefan F. Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:49:51 EDT 2007

2007/3/15, Ron Lake <rlake at galdosinc.com>:

>  It is easy to make a WFS discoverable by Google Search.

Ron just explained to me "Read the (WxS) capabilities and create a KML file
for Google robot to find." That's what I meant when I wrote before "This
could be where OpenSearch, Google Sitemaps or KML come in". And there are
some more SEO tricks which I divide into two approaches: i) self-declaration
(HTML-meta tags, feed icons, chicklets) and ii) foreign citation policies
(feed of feeds, relationship attributes).

So, the bottom line is that there are several ways to attract crawlers. But
if I we come to an agreement about a "geospatial autodiscovery policy"
(before Google dictates it...) that would allow us to bundle resources and
write focused specific crawlers for location aware search engines (sometimes
called metadata catalogues... :->)!

-- Stefan

P.S. Sorry if we're running off GeoRSS topic but discovery seems to
me worthwhile to dicsuss in order to boost open geodata including GeoRSS
encoded content.