[Geodata] Geodata Mission

David William Bitner david.bitner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 15:43:16 EST 2007

At the last meeting of the Geodata Committee, we talked about refining the
mission of the Public Geospatial Data Project.  In order to assist this
process, I have created a wiki (
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Public_Geospatial_Data_Project_Update_Mission)
with a list of statements under four categories: Purpose, Tasks, Beliefs,
and Hurdles.  I would like to encourage everyone to please look at the lists
of statements and to add any statements they can think of to each of the
lists.  In addition, please voice your support or opposition to those
statements you feel most strongly about (don't feel the need to vote for
every statement).

Thanks,
David