[Geodata] Landcover-DB Shapefile Download

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Mon Oct 8 06:44:26 EDT 2007

> Martin Spott wrote:
>

>> I know, this topic surfaces at least once a month - see Frank W.'s
>> posting "Data migration" or David B.'s recent FOSS4G summary of open
>> issues "Themes and Direction from FOSS4G".
>>

> ....  not to forget Lorenzo B.'s recent request of a "OSgeo Catalogue",

thx, Martin

data.freemap.in is a good place to store metadata easily.

anyway, I still think that a CSW interface is needed more then ever
because it's OGC compliant.
I still think we should try to use OGC standards and if they don't fit
our needing, give a hand to make them better.

I hope to have the time to help Telascience guys to set up a demo with
GeoNetwork.
I would like to develop a thin CSW client for OpenLayers, it should not
be that difficult.
:-)

ciao
Lorenzo