[Geodata] Landcover-DB Shapefile Download

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 11:50:28 EDT 2007

Pls. look perhaps also at this thread from Raj about a - yet to be defined
- CSW profile
http://lists.eogeo.org/pipermail/dclite4g/2007-October/000006.html .

Take also into consideration that CSW harvesting in GeoNetwork (GN) is not
finished yet and a main programmer of GN wrote by end of september that
OAI-PMH "outperforms CSW harvesting on all aspects.". The "state of
metadata" is currently less than desirable because even OGC seems to be
divided into several groups besides CSW, namely ebRIM.

This having said, I'm not against any software - GN looks good! - nor any
OGC spec. (CSW could make it but what's the advantage over a WFS profile?).

I'm concerned mainly about a common metadata model and then about the
protocol (harvesting vs. online-query?). So let's just do what serves our
needs.

-- Stefan