[Geodata] Ok, I'm here . . . (Tiger stuff.)

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Sat Jun 21 15:06:12 EDT 2008

Stephen,

I'm using the Tiger data mainly for mapping right now, I'm interested in the addressing side as well, but have a good local dataset for this, also looking at OpenStreetmap for some comparable value.

My main interest, and problem area, at the moment with the tiger data is the road classification stuff,  It seems overly complicated, but I don't know all the subtleties related to who uses what and how.  I've been trying to apply the Googlish looking MAP file to it, and it's been an uphill battle.

I need to come up with a dataset that will extend the coverage area beyond our local dataset for centerline prorated geocoding purposes.

bobb