[Geodata] Fw: Re: [GeoNetwork-devel] SMET (Spatial Metadata Extraction Tool)

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed May 21 10:57:32 EDT 2008

I will contact Byron and see if perhaps the work that I (with help
from Matt Perry and Markus Neteler) have put together can be of help:

http://code.google.com/p/spatialguru/source/browse - the trunk/nme/
cat application does quite a bit now and outputs to an XML format.
Plus an ugly hack to spit out SQL INSERT statements too.  As far as
integration with GN, I find that most of the attributes I care about
my applications reading are not part of any metadata standard, so the
overlap with 'traditional' metadata repositories may be quite low.

After talking with Michael Gould, I had started to try to dig into
the GeoNetwork XML/zip interchange format but couldn't find many docs
on it.  Is is actively used?

Tyler