[Geodata] [Fwd: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] defining a Geospatial Integration Showcase to be launched at FOSS4G 2009]

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 16:02:57 EDT 2008

Ben, Baden, Brian,
Australia will be hosting the international conference for free and open
source software for geospatial http://2009.foss4g.org next year and we
plan to launch an Geospatial Integration Showcase in conjunction with
the OGC, the Geospatial Standards body.

An issue we are attempting to resolve for this showcase is the license
we should recommend (or mandate) for datasets used - noting that we
expect at least half of the datasets to be Australian.

You will see from the thread below that there is concern that there
existing licenses, like the Creative Commons are not appropriate.

Baden, Brian, as you are involved in Australia's review of licenses, I'm
interested to hear your thoughts and hopefully be guided by your
suggestions.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect