[Geodata] Natural Earth mirror/distribution

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Sat Apr 3 12:19:33 EDT 2010

Hi All-

   At the just-over Where 2.0 OSGeo booth, Mr. Nathan Vaughn Kelso
stopped by from the Washington Post. He and others are behind the
cartographically lovely Natural Earth data set. The Natural Earth team
I think they are pretty happy with the results, and have received
critical acclaim...

   http://www.naturalearthdata.com/

   So Mr. Kelso inquired if and how we, OSGeo would like to host or
promote the set... Apparently a minimal set of all vector, plus two
basic raster, is around 670 mb.  (the whole set of rasters brings it up
to 4-6 GB ?)

   seems like a great fit to me... Ideas ?

   best regards
    -Brian