[Geodata] Stop signs, traffic lights, and other street intersection data

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jul 5 17:18:25 EDT 2010

On 07/04/2010 03:30 PM, Eric Palakovich Carr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need data on street intersections in the USA.  In particular, what street
> lights, stop signs, or other entities exist at the intersection that affect
> how traffic moves through it.  The data should also indicate what streets
> that hit the intersection are affected by the entity.
>
> Does a data set like this exist?

Fairly unlikely that such a data exists(the most likely sources are the
paid ones available for GPS units like Teleatlas or Google who may or
may not sell licenses). Some of this exists in openstreetmap but it is
by no means comprehensive and quality probably varies by location.

You may also find a mix of data from States, Counties and Cities but
that is still somewhat rare.

Someday, with 'your' help OpenStreeMap will be great for this...

Thanks,
Alex