[Ica-osgeo-labs] Presentation...

lorrain eugenio giddings soto lorgid.soto at gmail.com
Mon May 4 15:38:03 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

My name is Lorrain Giddings, I work in the state university of Veracruz
(Universidad Veracruzana). I'm part of an office called "Coordinación
Universitaria de Observatorios". It's an office dedicated to promote civil
observatories by helping to establish the indicators that will be generated
and putting together social, economical and environmental context data. We
have been doing this threw QGIS and GeoServer. We now have a pretty strong
gis and geoserver office so we decided to promote QGIS in our university
and  we've been very successful at it. Many of the new GIS users use QGIS
software and some ARCGIS user have also migrated. My job in the institution
is to gather data form official sources and to make tutorials and also give
GIS classes. I've been working hard on translating the procedures people do
in ARCMAP and IDRIS to OSGeo different programs. I thought you'd like to
know this, it's a great software and were very happy with it. We use it so
much that I thought it was time to get in touch with the community, I wrote
to OSGEO and they told me about this mail list. We are very happy to have
joined this and are looking forward to establish some kind of communication
with you guys. Maybe  we could  invite you over so you can talk about
OSGeo, or even teach something about  it.  It's a great program and I'm
very happy teaching and learning it. Hope to hear back from you.

Lorrain Eugenio Giddings Soto