[Ica-osgeo-labs] Presentation...

Phillip Davis pdavis at delmar.edu
Tue May 5 06:32:54 PDT 2015

An associate runs the IUCN office in DC and ask I share the following:

 Calling all innovators! The Wildlife Crime Tech Challenge is a competition that will award Grand Prizes of up to $500,000 for the most impactful and scalable science and tech solutions to combat trafficking of terrestrial and marine wildlife. The Challenge, an initiative of USAID in partnership with the National Geographic Society, the Smithsonian Institution, and TRAFFIC, calls on the global community to deliver bold and innovative solutions to stamp out the illegal trade in wildlife – a crisis for nature and humanity. The competition focuses on four wildlife trafficking issues: 1) understanding and shutting down transit routes; 2) strengthening forensic evidence to build strong criminal cases; 3) reducing consumer demand for illegal wildlife products; and 4) tackling corruption.  Learn how your skills can help solve one of the world’s most urgent problems by visiting www.wildlifecrimetech.org and applying today. The Challenge is accepting applications from April 22 through June 30. Check it out! ''