[Geo4All] Working with the Open Data Institute

Maria Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Thu Apr 7 00:36:39 PDT 2016

Tomas, it is a wonderful initiative! I suggest you to give also a
webinar where you present the system and the project (contact for that
Rafael Moreno in CC) and to put references in the wiki webpage of
Geocrowd G4A

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geocrowdsourcing_CitizenScience_FOSS4G

Best regards!
Maria

Il 07/04/2016 08:11, Tomas du Chemin Holderness ha scritto:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> It is with great excitement that I can announce that our OSGeo Lab,
> here in Wollongong, has been awarded a small grant by the Open Data
> Institute in London. The award will help us produce a short video
> explaining our work in Jakarta to produce an open flood map
> (petajakarta.org <http://petajakarta.org>). In brief, our map uses
> open source geospatial software with social media, citizen journalism,
> government flood alerts and river gauge data to map flooding in real
> time. The map has around 100,000 users during the annual monsoon and
> is used by the Jakarta Emergency Management Agency as their primary
> geospatial tool for flood response.
>
> The idea behind the video is to showcase the role of open data and
> open source software to build transparency and trust between all
> stakeholders - hopefully prompting other cities to work towards
> similar initiatives. Cleary, the GeoForAll initiative and the ODI have
> somewhat related agendas, and I look forward to reporting back to you
> all on the progress of this part of our work.
>
> Official announcement here:
> http://theodi.org/news/the-odi-announces-winning-odi-showcase-projects-out-for-the-count-and-petajakartaorg
> Brief Q+A about the project:
> http://theodi.org/news/odi-showcase-2016-peta-jakarta
>
> Best,
>
> Tomas
>
> *
> Dr Tomas Holderness***CGeog FRGS
> *
> *
> Geomatics Research Fellow
>
> Open Source Geospatial Laboratory
> SMART Infrastructure Facility
> University of Wollongong NSW 2522
> *
> *
> *T *+61 2 4221 4140 (AU)
> *M*+62 812 1303 9261 (ID)
> *W *smart.uow.edu.au <http://smart.uow.edu.au>
> *B *tomholderness.wordpress.com <http://tomholderness.wordpress.com>
> *Tw *@iholderness
>

> Notice: This email is intended for the addressee and may contain
> confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please
> delete it and notify the sender.

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/5 "Web and Cloud Based Geospatial Services and Applications"; OSGeo; ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS AB; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET
Sol Katz Award 2015

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)
Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
e-mail1: maria.brovelli at polimi.it
e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it