[Geo4All] Research collaborations in Tangible Landscape ideas

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Apr 25 04:35:15 PDT 2016

May i also take this opportunity to congratulate Helena and colleagues at  North Carolina State University (NCSU) who have also published groundbreaking new book on the Tangible Landscape , an innovative tangible geospatial modelling system powered by GRASS GIS.

This first-of-its-kind book provides an overview of tangible interfaces, describes the design and implementation of Tangible Landscape, discusses methods of digital fabrication, and demonstrates applications including landscape management, trail planning, wildfire management, and coastal adaptation

It covers all key areas

  *   Building Physical 3D Models
  *   Basic Landscape Analysis
  *   Surface Water Flow and Soil Erosion Modeling
  *   Viewshed Analysis
  *   Trail Planning
  *   Solar Radiation Dynamics
  *   Wildfire Spread Simulation
  *   Coastal Modeling

Details at https://cnr.ncsu.edu/geospatial/first-of-its-kind-book-on-tangible-modeling-with-open-source-gis-published-by-center-researchers/

This will be provide an excellent framework for future research idea/collaborations in Tangible Landscapes for both teaching and research in the various domains. It will be good to get all interested to join ideas.

Helena - may i request that you give a Geo4All webinar on this topic please as it is of wider interest. Thanks.