[Geo4All] G4A website updates: mailing lists issue

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Tue Apr 26 12:19:18 PDT 2016

Suchith, Roberto,

another issue that popped up as I am preparing my talk for FOSS4G NA
is in the instructions on How to join
http://www.geoforall.org/how_to_join/
- at the beginning of the page everybody is invited to join the main
mailing list
- but in "How to apply section"  the new members are instructed to join the
regional mailing lists and the main list is not mentioned.
I am not sure whether the regional lists are used at all (I am not
subscribed to NA list) and the regional wikis are not really maintained
either.
So I suggest to keep the regional mailing lists and wiki for any potential
regional activities, but we should clearly state that to join the new
members should subscribe to the main mailing list and add and maintain
their information in the wiki table at the beginning of Section 2 or 3
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives#Current_members_of_the_ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS_Labs_Network

Looking at the title of that wiki section, the "Current members of the
ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS labs network should be changed to Geo for All network,
similarly also in the last section on research and teaching areas.

Jason, regarding the map - were you able to find the script that is
generating the map or should I try to contact Luca Delucchi to get it (I
believe he has writtn the latest version unless you have further modified
it)?

Thank you all, Helena

--
Helena Mitasova