[Geo4All] GeoAmbassadors of the Month

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jul 19 11:34:13 PDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

>From our first anniversary edition of Geo4All newsletter (June 2016), we started to honour the amazing colleagues who have helped us for working towards enabling geospatial education opportunities to all as our GeoAmbassodor of the month.

Everyone who is interested in enabling geospatial education opportunities to all is considered a GeoAmbassador. It is not just the thousands of OSGeo members but also thousands of colleagues in ICA, ISPRS, UCGIS, AGILE, GSDI or AGS, who work for geoeducation opportunities for all. To further highlight their work,we now introduces GeoAmbassadors of the Month (similar to the lab of the month). ICA past-president Prof. Georg Gartner was appointed the first GeoAmbassador of the Month.

Thanks to Nikos's idea that we need to acknowledge the contributions of all the Heads of our OSGeo labs globally and it is a great opportunity for us to make use of the GeoAmbassadors of the Month to honour these amazing colleagues in turn also. We have over 100 dedicated labs now globally and the Heads of the labs have all been doing amazing work in enabling geospatial education opportunities to all.  So we will be randomly contacting the Heads of all the labs (in turn) and nominating them to be the GeoAmbassador of the Month (we will rotate this region wise also as we do for the lab of the month). So please when we contact you , please send us your short bio, photo etc, so we can add that to the article. As with everything we done so far, we learn as we go. So we will keep improving as we go forward and welcome all ideas/suggestions for improvements (and also your help in running the program and help with the newsletter ).

We want to invite all of you to be our GeoAmbassodors [1] and contribute to Education, Research and Service for the betterment of humanity as the key guiding principle and work towards the vision of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development for building a better world for all [2].

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/node/1714
[2] http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2016/07/how-can-we-contribute-our-efforts-for-united-nations-2030-agenda-for-sustainable-development-for-building-a-better-world-for-everyone-3/

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.