[Geo4All] News on FOSS4G 2016 in Bonn

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed Jun 15 00:02:59 PDT 2016

Dear OSGeo & Geo4All Communities!

We, LOC Bonn, have some news concerning this years FOSS4G conference,
that we really would like to share with you! Feel free to spread the
word!

1. Program finished. First of all, we finished our program-schedule,
find the full conference program on our website here:
http://2016.foss4g.org/programme.html#conference-programme (still some
minor issues with the mobile view)
About the program, we will release a new press release soon.

2. Students. We have a student afternoon. We decided to open the
conference on friday afternoon after lunch for students, ticket is the
student card. There will also be one slot filled with student
presentations. Yes, we know, that this is more interesting for local
residating students, but might be one item to be carried also on
following conferences and gives at least some students the chance to
dabble into our community and events.

3. Sponsors. Of course we are still happy for every new sponsor, that
wants to present on Bonn's FOSS4G. Knowing that we won't get filled up
our exhibition Kasba, we also opened the possibility for supporter
sponsors to hire a booth. Also, we have some last slots for company
presentations on our friday afternoon sessions. If interested, please
contact us via sponsor at foss4g2016.org
Also have in mind our B2B meeting the day before core conference
starts!

4. Travel Grants. We received about 12 applications for travel grants
and are happy that we can grant nearly everybody who applied and who
fullfil the conditions. Travel grants are also one module to spread our
community through the world and to give people from developing countries
the chance to attend on a FOSS4G. We will send out the acceptance emails
soon

5. Speaker Corner/Demo Theatre. For those, who want to give a
spontaneous 5-7 minute presentation during our breaks, we revived what
was formerly known as "Demo Theatre" on past FOSS4G's (I personally
remember at least Cape Town and Victoria). For this we offer an open
stage with technical equipment. If you want to present your idea/project
here, feel free to contact us via info at foss4g2016.org

6. BoF's. Of course there is room for BoF's on FOSs4G 2016 as well. We
reserved the time on wednesday and thursdays from 17h30 for BoF's. If
the time slots are not suitable we also can find a room during the lunch
breaks. Talk to us, the sooner, the better we can promote your BoF and
the more people get attracted!

7. Registrations. Although we already have "some" registrations already
(and some people say it's good for that early stage) we of course like
to have more. So if you are willing and planning to attend, please
register ASAP. Registering early gives us, LOC Bonn the chance to make a
better planning! Also there are about 100 people, that registered in our
system but did not book anything. If you want to attend, please book, if
not, please delete your account. If you are unsure - we, LOC Bonn just
can say, don't miss your chance to attend on the biggest OSGeo event you
can have in 2016!

8. Rooms. Inside the venue there are some smaller meeting-rooms
available. If you plan a business or whatever meeting, you may ask us
for such a room and we'll arrange something for you.

So, come to Bonn and help us building bridges!

Till Adams
(Conference Chair)

If there are nay questions, please don't hesitate contacting us via
info at foss4g2016.org or just reply this email