[Geo4All] setup OSGeo wiki for Open Source Report Card forms (etc)

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Tue Nov 8 00:35:21 PST 2016

Hi Tom, all,

sorry, I am late to the discussion. Its a very good idea to use the wiki
for handling this kind of information.

SMW is running in the OSGeo wiki, for example the OSGeo Member map [1]
is powered by SMW.

Therefore I suggest to build this app using already existing SMW
features. It would keep it more simple I think. And I would abstain from
installing another extension like cargo, SMW has all it needs for this
kind of app, including the capability to query the data from external
sites via the API.

I can bootstrap an SMW model with the proposed schema until end of week,
including a simple Form for entering and editing the data.

I am also happy to help you with anything regarding SMW, if you want to
do it by your self?

Am 08.11.2016 um 07:02 schrieb Tom Roche:
> 2. What version of MW is wiki.osgeo.org running? It's claiming to run SMW[8]; presuming that's true, its MW should be fairly up-to-date. (Page Forms requires MW version >= 1.21, Cargo >= 1.22.)

See this page for all the information you are looking for:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Special:Version

Cheers,
Christian

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:OSGeo_Member

--
Christian Willmes
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group